Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Quintessential Beauty - Dr Vicki Belo

COME SEE DR BELO AT THE WEDDING EXPO ON APRIL 14-15

My good friend Dr Vicki Belo is a true-to-life testament of how the right combination of hard work, talent and heart can make a difference in this world. Ang masasabi ko lang -- what a remarkable woman!

During my recent visit to Manila, I had the privilege of spending some time with her. Her schedule is super hectic I feel fortunate that she found time to hang out with me. She is an effective multi-tasker extraordinaire!

I got to really see what a typical day is for the famous beauty tycoon. And I tell you, it’s no wonder she was able to build a beauty empire. This woman is always working! She wakes up at 6am and her day is filled with appointments and meetings. If it were humanly possible to attend to all her clients personally, she would do it. But unfortunately, there are only so many hours in a day for one person, even if that person is as hardworking as Dr Belo.

I really witnessed her dedication and admirable work ethic. She works so hard but she doesn’t take for granted other aspects of her life that are equally as important to her.

For one, she makes time for her friends. In fact, while I was in Manila she invited me and my sister for lunch at her palatial home in Dasmarinas. I’m not exaggerating--she really lives in a palace. The place is so grand yet cozy/homey with a modern-chic feel to it.

Dr Belo also took time out of her busy schedule to show me around The Fort Bonifacio Global City. It’s a very posh area.

She showed me the Serendra row of restaurants. It is quite the “in” place to be right now when you’re in Manila. We went to CafĂ© Puccini to grab dinner with Mr Bernardo Bernardo. It felt so nice and relaxing. We chitchatted for hours. The weather in Metro Manila that time was just ideal.

Dr Belo is ever the gracious hostess. She gives so much of herself to others. I am so happy to know she has found a new love to inspire her, the way she inspires others.

I’ve met her new steady, Dr Hayden. Seeing them together, I came to the conclusion that no two people could be more compatible. Bagay na bagay talaga sila! They are quite a handsome couple.

Being in love agrees with Dr Belo. Two of her best loves are her children Crystal and Quark. I also witnessed how connected she is to her children. It’s amazing. She really did a great job with them. Crystal, who helps manage her Mom’s beauty business, has grown to be a very confident and lovely young lady.

I am deeply thankful to Dr Belo for the gift of her company as well as her kindness while I was in Manila. She is a true friend.

Incidentally, I am happy to announce that she will be coming to Los Angeles very soon to headline a symposium during the LA-Philippine Wedding Expo on April 14-15 at the Pasadena Convention Center (Lower Level Hall).

She has some tips for brides and grooms out there who want to look their best on their wedding day. Of course, she will be discussing beauty in general, even if you are not getting married.

This will be a very insightful symposium. And it’s only happening at the Wedding Expo this April, being produced by Lavish! Events Planning organizers Carol & Jonathan Dela Paz.

I invite everyone to come see Dr Belo at this major Fil-Am event. Her talk is set for Sunday, April 15 inside the Little Theater of the Pasadena Convention Center. Seating is limited so you better get there early! Doors to the expo open at 10am.

On Saturday, April 14, another beauty icon is making an appearance at the Wedding Expo. The fabulous Fanny Serrano will be doing make-up demos and dishing out essential beauty techniques.

So please don’t miss two days of beauty on April 14-15. It will be a weekend of fun and excitement.

If you have questions about Dr Belo and Fanny Serrano’s impending LA appearances at the Wedding Expo, you may contact me at 213.216.4923 or you may send me an email monet@monetsalon.com.

Have a great weekend and see you on April 14-15!

(Published March 31, 2007 Los Angeles Asian Journal)

The author is a professional beauty consultant and owner of the popular salon chain Monet & Reflections Salons. Monet is also the executive producer of the longest running Fil-Am awards gala, Reflections Awards (now on its 19th year). He is a known “queenmaker” or discoverer of young beauties who have gone on to achieve their dream of becoming beauty pageant titlists. For more on Monet, please visit www.monetsalon.com or send an email to monet@monetsalon.com.