Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Teresa & Robert Tostado: Partners in Beauty

BIOLOGICA INSTITUTE OF ANTI-AGING & AESTHETIC MEDICINE

Behind the tandem of beauty experts Teresa and Dr Robert Tostado is a touching love story. Biologica’s Teresa and Dr Robert were both pursuing studies in the medical field when their paths crossed. And ever since, they have been there to support each other. Teresa was firmly beside Dr Robert as he proceeded to medical school.

With patience, determination and the wholehearted support of his devoted wife Teresa (herself a nurse practitioner), Dr Robert obtained his M.D.

So their love really started on this very strong foundation. Together, they have built a very successful partnership that gave birth to the Biologica Institute of Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Medicine.

In my constant quest to discover different options for beauty maintenance and enhancement (as a salon owner and stylist), I’m glad to have found Biologica as a very credible establishment for aesthetic medicine.

Very recently, I decided to pay them a visit and upon my arrival, I was greeted by three of Biologica’s very carinosa staff—Rogvill, Ivy and Ginger. Thank you guys for taking care of me!

First, I consulted with Teresa who made me feel at ease immediately. She explained to me the different kinds of services they offer based on my “beauty needs.”

Let me just comment that I love Biologica’s spa atmosphere. It’s very Zen, very relaxing. And it’s so clean, too. (But stay tuned because they promised to move to a bigger and better location soon).

Teresa recommended to me several options, Fraxel – a unique way to treat acne scars, blemishes, pigmentation, wrinkles and lines. (FYI, Biologica has been deemed Master of Fraxel in LA because of their high number of Fraxel clients).

A new service that Biologica provides is Cosmelan – which treats stretch marks and acne scars that microdermabrasion alone cannot solve. With Cosmelan, there’s a little discomfort pero magdusa ka kung gusto mong gumanda! I say it’s well worth it.

For more info, you can go to their website: www.mybiologica.com or visit them at 1492 West Colorado Blvd. Suite D, Pasadena (Tel: 626-564-0300).

During my Biologica visit, I got to know the Tostado couple a little better. I even asked them why they pursued beauty/skincare as an area of expertise.

I heard from the good doctor himself, Dr Robert, who shared with me his personal experience growing up with problematic skin. He said he was traumatized by its effect on his confidence and self-esteem. And so he felt the need to venture into this field so that he can be the instrument who helps others be free from this horrific experience of having bad skin.

I admire Dr Robert for his candor in sharing with me this very personal story.

As a couple, I think that Teresa and Dr Robert are very admirable as well (they have one daughter, the lovely Amelie).

Theirs is a very dynamic partnership. Teresa oversees the management of the office, the marketing and attends to the clients while Dr Robert also does his part as the skilled doctor in the practice of aesthetic medicine.

Biologica is definitely a beauty/skincare center I would recommend to my friends.

Really, the Fil-Am community is rich with very different options on where to get beauty enhancement and/or maintenance services. There’s also Gandi Villareal, Jocylane Dinsay, Olivia Quido, and Dr Vicki Belo who are worth checking out.

You might see me around sporting my “refreshed” look, well, this time I have Biologica to thank. I needed a little non-invasive lift and they certainly did that for me, very professionally, and painlessly.

If you want more information about Biological, feel free to send me an email at monet@monetsalon.com and I’d gladly forward your query.

Have a beautiful weekend everybody!